As you know, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a proposal earlier this month to rescind the conscience protection regulation.
The public now has until April 9 to submit comments. Our voice is needed now!
To assist you, kindly check the special webpage on conscience protection:
Among other resources, the page includes links to:
• new YouTube videos by Cardinal George, a registered nurse, a doctor, and med students explaining the need for conscience protection – including one by the nurse in Spanish
• a bulletin announcement for use in parishes
• the USCCB’s official comments to HHS
• a helpful Q&A “Defending the Conscience Rights Regulation”
• the NCHLA Action Center where e-mail messages can be sent directly to HHS. A preset message is provided, to which the sender may add personal comments.
If you have any questions on how to use these resources, please call 202-541-3070, or send email to email@example.com (Please place “ATTN: Deirdre McQuade” in the subject line).
Yours for life, Deirdre -USCCB Pro-Life Secretariat